A desire to save money and a failure to source anything suitable led me to do the flowers for my wedding. I had a look online at simple wedding posies as I didn’t want anything too specific. My intention was to use leftover flowers from the bunches I had used to decorate the hall.
I started off with a couple of trial ones 10 days before the wedding.
Since they turned out okay, I decided to go for it. I used wool to bind the stems initially and then secured them with florist tape. To finish I used a scrap of fabric left over from the bunting (to cover the wool/tape).
So, the night before the wedding, when most brides-to-be usually try to relax and pamper themselves, I put together the posies.
I then wrapped the stems in kitchen roll soaked in water and stood them up in glasses in the fridge. Here are some of them on the day.